ALI Colorado 2020 Trip
The 2020 ALI Colorado Trip is July 21 – July 28, 2020 for Anglican Rectors.
The 2020 ALI Colorado Trip is a seven-day adventure trip including activities such as hiking, whitewater rafting, fishing, rock climbing, and repelling. The ALI Colorado Trip seeks to help Assistant Rectors and Pastoral Residents experience the “Seven Spaces” of leadership growth. The “Seven Spaces” are:
- Prayer and Worship – “Come Let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.” – Psalm 95:6 There is space for personal and corporate prayer and worship.
- Peer-to-Peer Interaction – “Let us spur one another on to love and good deeds.” – Hebrews 10:24 Ministry is often done in closed systems. ALI creates space for those in the same ministry circumstances to encourage one another and share both challenges and best practices.
- Coaching/ Leadership Development – “But I think it necessary to send back to you Ephaphroditus” – Philippians 2:25 There is space for others to come alongside leaders to coach through issues, challenges, and opportunities for increasing leadership capacity.
- Disequilibrium / Challenge – “I beat my body and make it my slave so after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”- I Corinthians 9:27 There is space for challenges/opportunities that get leaders out of their daily routines and challenge them mentality, physically, and spiritually.
- Solitude/Silence – “Be still and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10 There is space for solitude, reflection, and silence with an expectation that as we quiet ourselves before the Lord He reveals Himself through His Word and Holy Spirit.
- Beauty/Recreation – “The heavens declare the glory of God; the earth showeth His handiwork.” – Psalm 19:1 Too often we minimize the power of beauty and the joy of experiencing the glory of God’s creation. ALI creates space for leaders in places of beauty and majesty to help them rest and rejuvenate to know who they are in Christ and connect with the Lord who “fearfully and wonderfully made them”.
- Joy/Fun – “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice.” – Philippians 4:4 Life in Christ and in ministry is supposed to be full of Joy. ALI creates an atmosphere of light-hearted fun to help leaders re-engage their need for joy “and wonder in all God’s works.”
The goal is for Rectors to be challenged, encouraged, served and blessed, in order that they may gain further clarity on their personal calling and ministry, be recharged and equipped for their ministry task and grow deeper in a collaborative partnership for the work of the gospel.
Trip Cost: $750 plus airfare to and from Denver International Airport.
You may pay in full or via a payment plan, the payment plan will charge $375 at registration and the remaining balance 30-days after you register. If using the payment plan, the first payment of $375 is a non-refundable deposit, your credit or debit card will be billed automatically for the remainder. If paying in full, $375 will be considered a non-refundable deposit. To attend this Colorado 2020 Trip, payment must be made in full no later than May 1, 2020.
Please register for the trip and sign up for payment.
Anglican Leadership Initiative is a non-profit organization that does not generate a profit off the immersion events, in fact, it is underwritten by the organization if the expenses exceed the registration fees. To that end, if you need to cancel after registering for the event we will do our best to fill your spot with a new participant and will refund your money if your spot is filled. Any expenses incurred by Anglican Leadership Initiative from the processing of a registration fee will be deducted from the refund amount. If a new participant is not secured, you will receive a letter of thank you for your charitable donation that you may use for your taxes.
ALI is insured through Noah’s Ark and in addition, ALI has purchased a Colorado Corsair insurance policy for each of you for emergencies in the backcountry. Please make sure you fill out, scan and email the ALI Health Release Form to email@example.com.
Trip And Travel Info
Arrival in Colorado:
You are asked to arrive at the Denver airport no later than 1:00 pm on Tuesday, July 21st. We will leave the airport at 2:00 pm for Buena Vista Colorado. When you are booking your flights please be mindful we leave Denver airport at 2 pm. If you need to arrive in Denver a day before, we can email hotel options.
Departure from Colorado:
We will be back at the Denver airport by 12:30 pm on Tuesday, July 28th. Please don’t book your flights before 1:30 pm on the 28th.
During the trip, your cell phones will not work from Wednesday the 22nd until Monday night the 27th. In case of emergencies, you can be reached through Noah’s Ark at 719.395.2158.
The decision to have travel insurance is totally up to you. We encourage you to check with your credit card company as many include travel insurance. Feel free to buy your own (see Orbitz and the like).
We will be staying three nights in a lodge on the Arkansas River and four nights in the Colorado backcountry.
ALI provides dinner on Tuesday the 21st and all meals through breakfast on Tuesday the 28th. Rest stops along the way to Buena Vista, lunch on arrival and departure days, or any snacks you want are not covered by ALI. If you have special dietary restrictions not included in your health release form please let us know immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many, if not all of you, are going to want to fish. To fish in Colorado you will need a license. If you want to get a Colorado fishing license online ahead of time, it will save time and money. Fishing days will be July 24,25,26; it’s best to purchase the 5-day fishing license for $21. Simply click the link above, enter your name, select Non-Resident, select Fishing, and you can then pick the option for a 5-day license. The online purchase will ask you to create an account so they can collect your contact and payment information. You will also be able to get a license in Colorado. We will have extra equipment for you to use or feel free to bring your own.
Best Practices / Biggest Mistakes / Lessons Learned:
Each day one or two of you will share a “best practice” or something you, as an assistant, have found helpful or inspiring. The goal is to pass on great ideas, initiatives, ministry ideas as well as provide a backdrop for learning from past mistakes. Be thinking about what the Lord might have you share as you prepare for the trip.
We will be offering wine and beer at certain times during the trip in limited quantities. We ask that you please do not bring any additional alcoholic beverages on the trip.
For questions, or to contact ALI, please email email@example.com or contact
Allen Hughes: firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.530.7393
David Drake: email@example.com or 443.761.1910